amandalina

amandalina

Lilith's Brood: Dawn / Adulthood Rites / Imago - Octavia E. Butler Sometimes it can be tricky to read a series in an omnibus like this. You don't get the chance to read and experience each book individually. However as a whole, this series was practically a masterpiece for me. It is so engrossing and thought-provoking. I've always considered myself an optimistic pessimist. I think humans have so much potential that we will probably never reach, so long as we're bogged down by several things I'm not even going to get into right now. My point is, if I were ever anywhere near talented enough to write a sci-fi about this subject...well it doesn't matter because Octavia Butler pretty much wrote exactly how I would envision it and then some.

Oh, I just wanted to mention this quote in the About the Author: "I'm a fifty-three-year-old writer who can remember being a ten-year-old writer who expects someday to be an eighty-year-old writer" is one of the saddest things I've ever read. Such a shame there will be no more books by such a talented lady.