amandalina

amandalina

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa I’m glad I got the chance to read this book. I believe this was my first time reading a book in the faerie genre, at least as far as I can recall. I was a little unfamiliar with the back story of some of the characters, especially since it's been a while since I've read "A Midsummer Night's Dream", but regardless, I really enjoyed it. To me, this book had a Labyrinth/NeverEnding Story/Alice in Wonderland vibe to it. I liked the characters, I liked the story, and I liked the world Julie Kagawa created. It was imaginative and exciting, with a great blend of action, adventure, and romance. I am very impressed that this is her debut novel. It’s the kind of book I enjoy because you quickly become engrossed in it, and as you follow the characters on their journey it feels as if you are watching a movie. I knew I was hooked as I grew anxious reaching the final pages because I didn’t want the story to end. Needless to say, I will definitely be reading the next book in this series!
I’d definitely recommend this book to YA readers who are fans of the supernatural/fantasy genre.
I must say, even though I read an electronic version of this book, I am sure I will end up buying the book because I think the cover is quite beautiful!