amandalina

amandalina

Pray for Silence - Linda Castillo Pray for Silence was a great follow up to the first book, Sworn to Silence. It revolves around a grim, explicit murder case, but is completely absorbing and has a pretty satisfying ending.
As with the first book, this one shifts between Kate’s first person perspective and third person perspective, but either it wasn’t as frequent or I am now just used to it. My only critique would be that some of the lines seemed to be recycled from the first book, but I probably only noticed this because I read them back to back.
While I don’t think it’s absolutely imperative to have read the first book before reading this one, I think fans of the first book will definitely want to check this one out. I think fans of murder mystery/suspense/thriller genres that aren’t afraid of violent crimes will like this series.
I am not sure if there will be another book, but I am curious to see what kind of case the author can come up with next for Kate and her team. I will definitely be on the lookout for future books from her.

*I was sent an ARC of this book from Minotaur Books, won through LivingSocial's Influential Reader Program.